VGC Range Rules SAFETY FIRST at all times!
ALWAYS treat any gun as loaded.
NEVER point a gun at anything you don’t want to destroy.
VGC Range Rules NEVER put your finger into the trigger guard until you are ready to shoot.
ALWAYS look thru your target to where your bullet is going to go.
1) Safe gun handling and compliance with all ranges rules, local, state, and federal law, is a condition of range use.
2) Members are held responsible for their actions and the actions of their guest or guests.
3) The range is open to members and accompanied guests only. You may ask to see any club member’s membership card. They may ask to see yours. Upon request, all members must present their club membership for examination. Members may not loan their key or membership card to others.
4) Members may have up to three guests with them. Members are responsible for their guests. Guests must stay in close proximity of the Member.
5) The entrance to the range must stay locked at all times except during “open to the public” matches, club work days, or onsite club meetings.
6) THE RANGE is closed when the range is being mowed, or when workers are in the fields next to range property and or behind the dirt berm to the south. Beware of traffic in these areas at all times!
7) Be sure the “THE LINE IS SAFE” before going downrange. A request to go down range MUST be requested and granted/confirmed by ALL shooters before ANYONE goes down range. All firearms must be in a case, on the rack w/action open or on the bench w/action open while anyone is downrange. NO FIREARM SHALL or WILL BE HANDLED WHEN ANYONE IS DOWNRANGE.
8) FULLY AUTOMATIC WEAPON FIRE IS PROHIBITED ON THE RANGE!! This also includes “Bump stocks”.
9) Only Qualified members with a NRA High-power “Master or High-master” mid-range classification card are allowed shoot a 50 BMG or equivalent on the rifle range. Members can attend Club Matches to obtain NRA classification cards.
10) No hunting allowed on our property.
11) The 100/200 yard firing lines are available to all members and guests. Longer distances are only available to NRA High-power Rifle shooters with Sharpshooter, Expert, Master or High-master “mid-range classification card”. Members can attend Club Matches to obtain NRA classification cards. Qualified members wanting to shoot further than 200 yards from the berm can only do so if no other members are on the pistol and rifle ranges. Apart from during matches, the 600 yard range users will defer to other range users, and anyone using the 600 yard line will remove their rifle from the line when anyone enters the gate. No rifle shall remain or be on the 600 yard line while anyone else is present at the range or enters the range, excepting those shooting solely at 600 yards. Revised 12/2020.
12) Any pistol that shoots below 1500 Feet per Second will only be fired in the 25/50 Small-bore/Pistol Range. That means no regular pistols on the 100/200 range.
13) The entire property is under control of the Match Director during Mid-range Prone Matches. Revised 1/11/2018
14) During Small-bore/Pistol matches the match director has full control of the Small bore/Pistol range. Members can still use the 100/200-yard rifle range during small bore/pistol matches.
15) Position your target in front of the backstop so that all rounds will go through your target and into the backstop.
16) Place your target in such a way that no bullet can ricochet. Steel targets can be used if placed within 3 feet from the base of the berm and all bullets are being stopped by the berm.
17) Target frames are provided and placed to direct all shots to the center of the impact berm. If you buy materials to repair frames reimbursement will be provided for materials w/ receipt.
18) DO NOT drive over the levee at the pistol range.
19) DO NOT shoot bottles, plastic jugs, clay pigeon, cans, rocks, wood, or target frame pieces anywhere on the range.
20) DO NOT PLACE ANYTHING ON THE GROUND AND SHOOT AT IT!!
21) Each member is expected to help make our range a safe and enjoyable place to shoot by setting a good example, and reminding others of safe shooting practices.
22) Take home everything you bring to the range. We do not have garbage collection services so please do your part and take all trash home with you. 23) NO profanity please. Ladies and children may be present.
24) No unattended children allowed on the property.
25) No alcoholic or mind altering substance consumption allowed on the premises.
26) No firing or handling of any firearm while under the influence of alcohol or mind altering substances allowed on the premises.
27) No “exploding targets of any kind” (this includes Tannerite), or flammable targets can be brought onto the property.
28) The firing range may only be used by individuals who have not been legally disqualified from possessing or using a firearm in the state of Texas.
THIS IS YOUR CLUB, ENJOY THE FACILITIES PROVIDED AND HELP PRESERVE THEM FOR ALL MEMBERS TO ENJOY. ALL RANGE RULES WILL BE ENFORCED BY CLUB MEMBERS, OR CLUB OFFICERS. ANY VIOLATION OF SAFETY RULES WILL RESULT IN LOSS OF MEMBERSHIP!!! IF YOU FIND SOMEONE BREAKING ANY OF THESE RULES, REPORT THEM TO THE CLUB LEADERSHIP. IF YOU DO NOT REPORT THEM, PROPER ACTION CANNOT BE TAKEN. IF YOU DO NOT GET ANY IDENTIFICATION or LICENSE PLATE NUMBER, PROPER ACTION CANNOT BE TAKEN. Revised 1/11/2018